Monday, February 19, 2007

It's been ages since I posted something up.. I would like to say I've been busy, but haven't we all? It's just that I prefer reading other peeps blogs...tsk, tsk, tsk. Here goes nothing!

I've decided to blog about the things I'm loving right now:
My house
My hair
TV
Books
Music

I've just moved into a new house - more spacious than the last, same neighbourhood. Everyone knows the feeling of moving into a new house right? Hellish when you're moving in (started the process two weeks ago and although we've brought everything in, we are yet to unpack everything) but wonderful when you've settled in. The house is painted off-white on the inside (except for my daughters room which is painted pink and light blue) and 2 shades of P!nk on the outside.. Sounds crazy, but it's beautiful. You gotta see it to believe it!

I'm loving my hair right now... Yes! I have natural hair.. I thought, 'what's the point wasting my money on relaxers and salon visits- not forgetting the dreaded hair dryer- when I never carry wear my hair?' so I decided to let the perm grow out.. It's tough (painful, OUCH!!) getting braids done but I think it looks cool....as India.Arie put it, I AM NOT MY HAIR! lol!

TV: I used to be a TV buff when I was much younger but going into the university kinda killed it for me... I have rediscovered my love for TV and getting my eyes off the TV is a task.. What with Idols West Africa, Prison break, Yo Mama etc .. life's a roller coaster!

As usual my library is growing and I have acquired more books-
-Chimamanda's half of a yellow sun
-Aesop's Fables: I admit I bought it for my daughter but it is an interesting read
-The famished road by Ben Okri (this book is about Abiku and the likes, very witchy!)
And yes, I have read 'em all!

Last but not least, Music!!!! I have discovered some songs and rediscovered some others. Here's my current play list:
- Message in a bottle by Sting: This song is WOW! I had heard it in the past, but watching the MTV unplugged version of it absolutely took my breath away and gave more meaning to the song.
- Your song by Elton John: I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words.. how wonderful life is when you're in this world.....
-Gallery by Mario Vasquez: I just want to dance every time I hear this song!
-Sexy Love by Ne-yo: A sexy, sexy song.
-Daffodil Lament by the Cranberries: Mmn, Mmn, Mmn.
-How many times by K-Ci and Jojo
-Trying Times by Boyz II men
-Human nature by Michael Jackson
-The remedy by Jason Mraz
-We fall down by Donnie McClurkin
-Ain't no Sunshine by Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Des'ree
-Anivessary by Tony Toni Tone
-Summertime by Fantasia

Thats all fellas!!!! More to come l8r... 1 love!

8 comments:

Azuka said...

Hmmm. Can you believe I hated music until two years ago?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

No way!!!!!!!! You're kidding right?

Waffarian said...

Glad to know you are enjoying life!

TMinx said...

Finally!!!!!! Congrats on your move :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on moving to a new house. I dont envy you at all. All the packing and the unpacking to do.

You go girl!! Growing out ur natural hair. Thats a bold move!!! One thing I have discovered, if you follow the TV, you'll forever be on the sofa and leave a lot of things you should have taken care of undone.

Confused Naija Girl said...

natural hair!!! you are bold girl. My hair hs never been natural sha.I love love sexy love too!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... sting is the shiznit... i love that song by the police(his former group) roxanne! your song by elton john is the shit.. you ever watched moulin rouge? thats where i fell in love with it.. congrats on your move. your house sounds delish. still not a tv person esp since i don't have a tv in my school accomodation and what with this blog taking up all my spare time.. i don't need another distraction.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

@ Waffarian Thanks lol :-)
@ Tminx, about time too eh? Thank you!
@ calabar gal, seriously it is stressful to move o! as for the hair.....
@confused the natural hair look is cool! serious!
@ ONB, no, I haven't watched moulin rouge, but I have heard Ewan McGregor's version. I guess you Computer is your TV eh! Have fun gal!

 

Copyright 2010 ♥nyemoni♥.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.